mercredi 23 septembre 2015

7 Layer Salad !!

I have a favorite salad recipe I serve for Thanksgiving. I also fix it in the summer months when I want to eat something light but filling. It is a simple salad to make and all it requires is a glass dish.You want to see how pretty it looks with the entire layers stacked on top of each other.
The wonderful thing about this salad is it makes a great side dish for fried chicken. The salad I'm referring to is a 7 layer salad. My mother taught me how to make it. I want to share it with you and you can pass it along to somebody. Here is my recipe for 7 layer salad.
Ingredients
1 head iceberg lettuce
1 can peas
1 onion
6 hard-boiled eggs
1 package bacon
1 to 2 cups miracle whip
1 package sharp shredded cheddar cheese
I listed the ingredients in the order they should go in the salad starting with lettuce first then peas etc. The secret to this salad is the bacon. With that being said you can make this recipe using that imitation store-bought bacon in a jar but it's not the same. You must use real bacon and lots of it. Get a pot to boil 6 eggs. Salt the water for the eggs because this helps peel the eggs easily. First get a glass casserole dish. I like using a square dish so all the ingredients are laying flat. Cut up a small head of lettuce or enough to cover the bottom of the casserole dish. A half a head of lettuce will do if you are making a small version. Next drain the canned peas and layer on top of the lettuce covering the lettuce all over. Slice up a large onion and layer on top of the peas. Cool the hard-boiled eggs with cold water and remove the shells. Slice the eggs and layer on top of the onion. Cook up a whole pack of bacon until crispy. Crumble the crispy bacon on top of the eggs. Spoon out 1 to 2 cups miracle whip on the bacon and spread it across the bacon with a spreading knife like icing. All the ingredients should completely cover the last ingredient underneath it. The last step is to sprinkle the cheese on top of the salad dressing covering it completely. Press the cheese down into the dressing so it doesn't fall off. You will thank me later for this recipe.


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/8084875

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire